Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Decoys

If you hunt Canada Geese with shell decoys you no doubt have noticed their big bright white cheek patches diminish with use. This is par for the course, considering the harsh weather, rough handling and just bouncing around in their respective bags. There is no time like summer time to get yourself a can of white exterior latex paint and a couple of small brushes and spruce up their white cheek patches. It doesn't take very long and the payoff is well worth it. I did this with my G and H 747 shells and wow what a difference. The other thing I do for my decoy heads is to put them in old socks, this really saves on wear and tear. I found all I needed at my local Goodwill store. I like the big heavy winter socks best. They offer a bit of padding and will last for many years. May seem like a bit much, although all that bouncing around is just paint rubbing off and that's not good. Stay tuned for more tips and tactics.

Women's Hunting Journal Integrity For The Hunt

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails